Be Inspired – An Evening with Deepak and Sanjiv Chopra
Renowned health advocate physicians, authors and siblings: Sanjiv Chopra, MD Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School – and inspirational alternative medicine advocate, Deepak Chopra, MD will be a highlight of the evening’s program. A panel discussion will focus on various liver topics and provide insight to what lead to their prestigious medical careers.
SANJIV CHOPRA, M.D., MACP, FRCP [London]
Sanjiv Chopra, MD, is Professor of Medicine and served as Faculty Dean for Continuing Medical Education at Harvard Medical School for 12 years. He serves as a Marshall Wolf Master Clinician Educator Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Chopra has more than 150 publications and nine books to his credit. Dr. Chopra is Editor-in-Chief of the Hepatology Section of UpToDate, the most widely used electronic textbook in the world subscribed to by more than 1.2 million physicians in 195 countries.
He is a sought-after inspirational speaker across the United States and abroad, addressing diverse audiences on topics related to medicine, leadership, happiness, and living with purpose.
He has received numerous rewards, including:
- In 2003, The American Gastroenterological Association Distinguished Educator Award was bestowed upon him.
- In 2009 he was elected as a Master of the American College of Physicians, a singular honor bestowed to only a select few individuals for being “citizen physicians, educational innovators, scientific thinkers and humanists who inspire those around him or her and sets the standards for quality in medicine.”
He has written nine books including:
- Chopra Says Medical Facts and Myths Everyone Should Know (With Allan Lotvin, MD)
- Live Better, Live Longer. The New Studies That Reveal What’s Really Good and Bad for Your Health.
- Leadership by Example: The Ten Key Principles of all Great Leaders
- His brother Deepak and he wrote a double memoir: “Brotherhood: Dharma, Destiny and the American Dream,” published May 21, 2013. It is a National Best Seller.
- The Big 5 Five Simple Things You Can Do to Live a Longer, Healthier Life.
- The Two Most Important Days…by Sanjiv Chopra and Gina Vild was published by St. Martin’s Press in December 2017. It has received singular advanced praise.
DEEPAK CHOPRA™ MD, FACP
DEEPAK CHOPRA™ MD, FACP, founder of The Chopra Foundation, a non-profit entity for research on well-being and humanitarianism, and Chopra Global, a modern-day health company at the intersection of science and spirituality, is a world-renowned pioneer in integrative medicine and personal transformation. Chopra is an Adjunct Professor of Urology at Mount Sinai, Professor of Internal Medicine at University of Central Florida, Clinical Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health at the University of California, San Diego and serves as a senior scientist with Gallup Organization. He is the author of over 90 books translated into over forty-three languages, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. For the last thirty years, Chopra has been at the forefront of the meditation revolution and his 91st book, Total Meditation (Harmony Books) helps to achieve new dimensions of stress-free living and joyful living. Chopra has also released several podcasts including Now for Tomorrow (Religion of Sports), Infinite Potential (Cadence13) and Daily Breath (Cadence13), a Webby Award winner. This fall, he will launch the new podcast, Deepak Chopra’s Mind Body Zone: Living Outside the Box on Audible, which will feature thought-provoking conversations with Chopra and influential leaders from around the world. TIME magazine has described Dr. Chopra as “one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century.” www.deepakchopra.com